Thursday, June 20, 2013

Oh Sweet Sugar!

I went to the store today for a bottle of Cherry Coke. I've been craving a little bit of Cherry Coke with my cup full of ice. It gives the ice a little flavor. Well, while I was there, I decided I needed to buy a strawberry cake mix, cheesecake brownie mix and ingredients to make snickerdoodles. Hmmm...now I'm craving sweets? Sweets and ice? Two things that I definitely did not crave before I got pregnant. It's  a good thing I haven't been craving sweets like I've been craving ice or I'd probably have gained 100 pounds! And to date, I have only gained 18!! Yep, I'm bragging. For me, that is awesome. With my others I gained 30-60 pounds. YIKES! And if the baby weighs 8-10 pounds, then I'll only have about 10 pounds to lose...well of pregnancy weight. I had weight to lose before I got pregnant. But anyway, back to the mad sweet buying. A friend posted a recipe a few days ago on Facebook for Snickerdoodles. Since that time, I have wanted Snickerdoodles so I finally made them today. And they turned out delicious! I already have a tummy ache from eating too many. Here is a picture and link to the recipe if you want to try them.

Snickerdoodles
(Mine didn't turn out looking exactly like this. They weren't as flat but they were still yummy!)
I'm not sure when I'll make the cake or brownies. The cookies seemed to satisfy my sweet tooth for the time being!

No comments:

Post a Comment