Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Time...

Today was my oldest son's birthday. He is a great kid but he will be the first to tell you, he isn't a kid anymore. When did that happen? How did I get to be 35 years old and have an 18 year old kid? I know we hear it and say it all the time, "time flies." But it really does. I just don't feel like what I thought a 35 year old would feel like. And knowing that I am nearing 40 just blows my mind. I feel like I should still be in my mid-20's! It just went by in a blur. And now my oldest son's childhood is over. That makes me sad. I know we will be entering a new phase in his life and he does still have one year of high school left, but it is just a weird feeling that I can't quite describe. If you have already been through this, then you might know what I am talking about. Every stage in life just seems to come and go so quickly and if you don't stop to enjoy it, you will miss it completely. I guess I'm a little more sentimental than usual today but I guess that is okay once in a while. Oh, and happy birthday, Riley!

No comments:

Post a Comment